Laurel Brunke delivered the Wheaten community donation to the BC SPCA for the Wheatens rescued in the Langley puppy mill raid – an amazing $5,000.
Thanks for all their contributions go to:
– British Columbia Section – Soft-Coated Wheaten Terrier Association of Canada
– Soft-Coated Wheaten Terrier Association of Canada
– Assiniboine Local Section Club (Saskatchewan)
– Southern Alberta Wheaten Association
– Wheaten Terrier lovers in Canada, the US and Australia
The SPCA was most grateful to receive it and committed again that it will go to medical bills for the Wheatens rescued in the raid.
Laurel also commented “While I was parking the car I spotted two of the Wheatens out for a walk. Because of the ongoing cruelty investigation I was not allowed to take any photos of them but I have to say they looked pretty good considering.”
Along with the cheque, a resource reference sheet for adopters of the rescued Wheatens was developed by the SCWTAC-BC club. Among the resources contact info for both national and provincial clubs was provided.